Friday, July 16, 2010

Prairie Flowers quilt

This morning while looking at fellow bloggers sites, I was so tempted on starting new projects. I looked up and realized, Why am I starting a new one when I have a BEAUTIFUL one almost half done.

Years ago I started on an applique project. My criteria was
     1. The 18 inch background would be scrappy tan neutrals.
     2. ALL applique would only be scraps cut from the stash friends gave me.
     3. I would use bright colors.

I decided that instead of starting the new projects I would finish this one.
I am going to work on the one day a week, instead of a new project. It would also fit in with my scrap challenge, I would be "killing 2 birds with one stone"

I have 2 blocks prepped for the sewing stage and 5 with the backgrounds all sewn. Here are pictures of the 5 blocks I have finished and the book.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment